FINANCIAL AID & HOW TO APPLY
The policy of funding most of the school’s annual operating expenses is with tuition dollars. Therefore, tuition controls, in large part, the quality of the education AGBU MHS is able to offer. While recognizing that some sacrifice is appropriate for something as crucial as children’s education, the Board acknowledges that financial assistance will be necessary to build and maintain the sort of student body AGBU MHS aspires to have.
In order for us to allocate our resources wisely and fairly, we have enlisted the help of Independent School Management's FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) program. ISM's FAST does not decide whether financial assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service. FAST provides the school with a report, which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FAST is kept confidential and applications are reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee. As a reminder, kindly note that you must reapply each year. The Financial Aid Application process will begin effective March 10, 2017. TO START THE PROCESS, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Click here
2. The application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at another time. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided through FAST.
3. The charge for the application is $43.00 and to be paid by credit card at the end of the session. If you do not have a credit card, or cannot budget the fee, please contact the Director of Operations for assistance.
4. After completing the online application, you will be required to mail your 2014, 2015 and 2016 tax returns for both state and federal taxes with all schedules, including W-2’s and business schedules if applicable to:
ISM – Independent School Management
1316 North Union Street
Wilmington, DE 19806-2594
If 2016 is not filed yet, then supporting documents are required.
5. For your convenience, and to ensure that your tax documentation is sent to the correct address for processing, please pick up your FAST envelope from the School Main Office. If you choose to mail the package on your own, make sure to include the school’s name on the outside of the envelope to ensure faster processing of your application.
6. The online submission deadline for financial aid applications is April 18, 2017.
7. Your tax returns must follow the submission, and be postmarked by April 18, 2017. Make your tax appointment early.
Our goal is to have an award determination made by May 15th. FINANCIAL AID RESOURCE: PARENT USER GUIDE FOR FAST
Please read the Parent User Guide
for more information on the FAST financial aid application process.