- MFA in Acting (2012) from The University of California-Los Angeles (Jack Nicholson Prize, Donna Nelson Tollefson Scholarship)
- BA in Theater Studies (2004), summa cum laude, from Duke University (Richard Cytowic Award in Acting, Benenson Award in the Arts, Vocal Music Scholarship)
- The Duke in London Drama Program (2002)
- The American Conservatory Theater Summer Training Congress (2004)
- The UCLA Extension Writers' Program (poetry course work, 2011-2013)
- High School English and Arts Electives Teacher at Arete Preparatory Academy in West Los Angeles
- Adjunct college Theater/Acting instructor at UCLA and The American Musical and Dramatic Academy
- Stanislavski technique (acting) teacher at The Identity School of Acting-LA (working with students ages 18-45)
- High School SAT/ACT-Verbal Tutor for Compass Education Group
- Drama-based Teaching Artist with Bluepalm (CA), Flat Rock Playhouse (NC), The South Carolina Children's Theatre, The Vagrancy Theatre Company (CA), and other nonprofit arts organizations
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE (selected)
- The Barter Theatre (State Theatre of Virginia)- over a dozen main stage and touring productions
- The Temple Theatre Company (North Carolina)- Hamlet and Little Women The Musical
- Hampstead Stage Company (New Hampshire)- touring Shakespeare-for-youth productions
- Centre Stage South Carolina- The Dining Rooom
- Sierra Repertory Theatre (California)- Macbeth
- The Vagrancy (California)- Bottom of the World
- The Los Angeles Theatre Center in collaboration with UCLA and the Latino Theatre Company- Is There Life After High School? The Musical and The Psychic Life of Savages
- Savage Players- co-founder and co-artistic director of this Los Angeles-based theatre company (performed in numerous plays and directed and produced touring school productions and a new works reading series).
- While a graduate student at UCLA, performed in The Cherry Orchard directed by Tony Award-winner Mel Shapiro and in The Adding Machine directed by SITI Company member J.Ed Araiza
A graduate of Hampton Roads Academy in Newport News, Virginia (2000), and, during high school, a frequent performer in school and community theatre plays and musicals. Favorites included West Side Story, Arsenic and Old Lace, The Fantasticks, Guys and Dolls, and The Ballad of the Sad Cafe.
A published poet, with poems appearing in Spillway Magazine, 491 Magazine, The Great American Poetry Show, The Medulla Review, Illuminations, Constellations, Out of Anonymity, and Word Riot, among other journals.
Proud mom to a Welsh Pembroke Corgi named Nigel!